KERN1 offers worldwide shipping. All orders are processed from the Netherlands.
At check-out you will be given the opportunity to select a carrier of choice. We offer Worldwide fast and on demand delivery with our shipping partner DHL express for shipments outside the Netherlands or worldwide shipping with the local Dutch courier PostNL (which costs less, but takes longer to arrive).
All orders placed on Monday - Friday before 14:00h will be shipped the same day. Orders made on weekends or public holidays will be processed the next working day. The estimated delivery time differs per country and depends on the carrier you choose.
Within the Netherlands we always ship with PostNL. You will receive your package the next working day.
Outside the Netherlands the transit time with PostNL is:
Europe - 1-6 business days
Rest of the world - 4-11 business days
When you choose for a shipment by DHL Express, the delivery time is:
Europe - 1 business day
Rest of the world - 2-3 business days
Worldwide fast delivery with DHL Express
When you choose for Express delivery by DHL, your order will be send with the On Demand Delivery (ODD) Service.
Once your order is shipped, you will receive a new shipping notification from DHL EXPRESS.
DHL ODD notifies you by email and/or SMS about your shipment’s progress and estimated delivery date/time. When this date does not fit your schedule, you can customise your delivery via DHL ODD and decide how, where and when the delivery takes place at the time and location that suits you best.
DHL On Demand Delivery offers flexible delivery options:
- Deliver my package on another day: scheduled delivery
- Deliver my package to another address: alternate delivery to work or family
- Deliver my package at a safe place: authorise shipment release
- Deliver my package with neighbour: Leave the package at your neighbour, reception or guard
- Deliver my package at a DHL ServicePoint: hold for pick‐up collection
- Request to store my package: vacation hold safekeeping your parcel up to 30 days
KERN1 insures each purchase during the shipment until it is delivered to you. We require a signature for any goods delivered, at which point the responsibility for your purchased goods passes to you.
Once your package has been dispatched, we will send you an email notification with the tracking information.
Custom and duties
All shipments within the European union arrive DDP (Delivery Duty Paid), which means that you do not have to pay any additional taxes upon receipt of the item. Outside the European union, all orders are shipped DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) and may therefore be subject to import taxes, custom duties and other fees levied by the country of destination. Please kindly note that you, as the recipient, are responsible for the payment of import duties at the time of delivery. If you decide to refuse your shipment, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any duties, taxes and/or customs charges that are incurred (on both the original and return shipments), and the costs of returning the package. This amount will be subtracted from your merchandise refund.
By law, we cannot change the value of the order on commercial invoices. We must adhere to all international import/export laws. For more information on custom fees, please contact your local custom office. Please kindly note that shipments outside the European union might run into custom delays.
KERN1 accepts returns for a refund on all items bought in our online store within 14 days after receiving your order, under the following conditions:
1. The returned item must be in the same condition in which it was delivered to you: unworn, unwashed, unaltered and undamaged, with all tags and cards still attached and with all of the original packaging.
2. To return an item, please send an email to email@example.com right away, and at least within 14 days after receiving your order. To request the dissolution of the sales agreement. Specify your order number in the subject line and clearly state the reason of return in your message.
3. If your intended return complies with our return conditions, we will send you an email with the green light for your return shipment. Please kindly note that it is not allowed to return your order prior to receiving our permission, since we cannot refund orders that do not comply with our return conditions.
4. When given the green light you will receive all the information needed to return your item, such as your return number, return proforma invoice and the return address. Make sure to clearly and completely fill out this form and include it in your return package in order to avoid any additional charges at our local customs. For the same reason also clearly mark ‘returned goods’ on the parcel. You will need to ship the items within five days after receiving the return approval. Kern1 will not be held responsible for packages that are detained at customs because of lacking or insufficient documentation. Incomplete returns will be refused and returned to the shipper.
We kindly ask to send us a notification with the track- and trace number when the return package has been dispatched.
And please kindly note that the return shipping costs are at the expense of the customer. The responsibility for the returned goods remains yours until it has reached us. Items lost or damaged in transit will not be refunded. Therefore we strongly advise you to insure your return shipment and use a reliable courier.
Receiving a refund
If your intended return complies with our return policy and the item arrived at our office within seven days after you received the return number, we will refund the total costs of the goods to the original payment method, minus the original shipping costs and any possible transfer fees. Please note that custom duties and sales taxes are non-refundable through our store. Returns that do not meet our return policy will not be refunded and will be sent back to the customer.